Calgary, Alberta – For the fourth consecutive year, Matrix Solutions has been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. The Top 70 designation recognizes employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
“We are proud to be a top employer in Alberta,” says Robert Pockar, president and chief executive officer. “This shows we have great employees who take pride in our culture of collaboration, learning, teamwork and accountability.”
Matrix was named to the Top 70 list for 2015 based on the program’s eight evaluation criteria: physical workplace; work and social atmosphere; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off; employee communications; performance management; training and skills development; and community involvement.
Specifically, the judges identified five key reasons we were selected:
- We let everyone share in the company’s success with profit-sharing.
- We cultivate an ownership culture by offering our share purchase plan to all our employees.
- We give our employees “flex dollars” which can be used to customize their health benefits coverage, subsidize wellness-related expenses or even get additional salary or paid time off.
- We encourage employees to prepare for their future with retirement planning assistance and contributions to a matching RSP plan.
- We offer employees flexible work plans and an option to work reduced hours.
The evaluation process also includes a comparison to other organizations in the same field to determine which offer the most progressive programs. To be eligible for the Top 70 designation, employers must have their head office or principal place of business in Alberta.
To read more about Matrix Solutions and what makes it a great place to work, check out our article in the Calgary Herald/Edmonton Journal insert – Alberta’s Top Employers 2015.
Matrix Solutions is a Canadian and employee-owned multi-service environmental and engineering consulting company providing scientifically sound, pragmatic and innovative solutions to clients domestically and internationally. The team of more than 650 professional, technical and administrative personnel is strategically located across 19 offices in Canada, providing services in the areas of: environmental and social impact assessments; environmental management, planning and regulatory compliance; environmental site assessments, remediation and reclamation; environmental construction monitoring; and water resources management.