Operation Minerva is an organization that brings young women and female science mentors together. This March, our female scientists hosted a great group of young women. We are proud to be a part of Operation Minerva and look forward to taking part again next year.
Some of the studies that were showcased for the young women were:
- Groundwater monitoring well identification
- Groundwater monitoring well installation overview
- Groundwater monitoring and free-phase product identification
- Groundwater sampling techniques
After the mentoring session, students wrote to our female scientists, mentioning some of the areas which had been particularly interesting, including:
- Contaminant transport pathways and receptors
- Environmental work in Medicine Hat area
- The importance of soil types at a site
- Vegetation assessments
- Work/life balance
We here at Matrix greatly enjoyed having the opportunity to mentor these young women.