Calgary, Alberta – Matrix Solutions Inc. has been named one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers for 2019 by Mediacorp Canada. This special designation is awarded to companies that go above and beyond standard workplace expectations.
“This recognition is a testament to one of our core values at Matrix – putting people first,” said Robert Pockar, president and chief executive officer. “We continue to look at ways we can strategically invest in programs that not only benefit our employees but also make Matrix a great place to work.”
Some of the reasons Matrix was selected for the award include:
- Matrix cultivates an ownership culture through a share purchase plan and offering financial benefits including profit-sharing for all employees and matching and non-matching RSP contributions.
- Employees receive flex dollars which can be used to top up health or dental coverage, distributed to a personal spending account for items such as fitness equipment or education, transferred to a registered savings plan or used to purchase additional time off.
- Matrix supports ongoing employee development with tuition subsidies for courses related to an employees’ role and additional technical training.
Employers across Canada were invited to start the application process with 75 from Alberta selected as award recipients. Winners were chosen based on physical workplace; work atmosphere and social; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off; employee communications; performance management; training and skills development; and community involvement.
Check out our Careers section to learn more about the Matrix Experience.
Matrix Solutions Inc. is a Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company. Strategically located across Canada, our people fuel a solutions powerhouse, tailoring our work for clients and projects where environmental stewardship matters and where we can make a difference. With our ability to collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies, we deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our client’s project and environmental challenges.
Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals focused on three key areas of service:
- Assessment, remediation, reclamation and monitoring
- Environmental planning, assessment and approvals
- Water resources
Founded in 1992, Mediacorp Canada Inc. is the nation’s largest publisher of employment
periodicals. Since 1999, the Toronto-based publisher has managed the Canada’s Top 100
Employers project, which includes 18 regional and special-interest editorial competitions that
reach over 15 million Canadians annually through a variety of magazine and newspaper partners.