Our client was in the planning stages of an unconventional oil and gas project and recognized that they needed a reliable water source for their project.
Matrix was asked to complete a regional water resource assessment. We provided strategic guidance, helping our client develop their water management plan up front to limit future financial and environmental risk. We also identified alternative water source and water production methods and highlighted the costs, benefits and risks of the various water resources in the area. Through the completion of reports, figures, and tables, water supply options available for the project were documented. Matrix was able to identify drilling targets for groundwater supply wells and outline testing methods required to support a groundwater diversion license application.
Based on the information that we provided, the client was able to make an informed decision for how to best manage their water needs and ultimately, proceed with their project.
- Hydrogeology services
- Water supply
- Environmental permitting and approvals
We routinely lead characterization of stream morphology to:
- Assess fluvial erosion hazards
- Develop alternatives for erosion control in environmental assessments
- Develop management strategies as part of land use planning (subwatershed, secondary, tertiary plans and site plans)
- Assist in culvert/bridge design
- Define erosion thresholds to inform stormwater management