Since 2010 Matrix has been supporting oil sands exploration (OSE) programs with site closure expertise for in-situ sites in Northeast Alberta. We provide practical and cost effective services that support site closure, beginning after OSE program drilling through to reclamation certificates. These include aerial site assessments, ground site assessments, reclamation recommendations, annual reporting, and reclamation certificate applications.
We work on achieving closure for both individual OSE programs, as well as project wide reclamation planning and prioritization. We have demonstrated success on achieving closure on OSE sites in forested and peatland settings. From iPads for field-level data collection to fixed wing aircrafts and custom databases, Matrix uses the latest technology and specialized assessment methods to provide practical and cost effective field services.
Project examples include:
- Supporting a confidential client with their OSE Programs in the Conklin area for over 10 years, managing over 37 OSE programs with over 850 constructed OSE sites. As of summer 2020, 29 OSE programs have successfully received reclamation certificates.
- Executing work for a confidential client project located south of Fort McMurray, managing 7 OSE programs with over 300 constructed OSE sites; 3 OSE programs have received reclamation certificates to date. Matrix has delivered service continuity by supporting these programs for multiple years as part of EPEA regulated monitoring programs.
Clients receive value from Matrix’s skills in providing:
- Quality work delivered by a team with long-term experience in the region – recognized through high acceptance rate from regulatory bodies with historically little rework.
- Close communication with our clients to understand and align with their goals and targets. This informs tailored budgets and scopes of work that meet those goals and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Timely information flow to enable prioritization of sites for reclamation.
Energy / Oil & Gas
Oil Sands In Situ
- Aerial site assessments
- Ground site assessments
- Site wide reclamation planning
- Strategies to meet forested and peatland reclamation criteria
- Detailed Site Assessments Weed management recommendations and follow-up
- Data management
- Annual reporting
- Reclamation Certificate applications