Environmental Permitting & Approvals
When you are planning a large capital project, there are a lot of details to work out — project design, construction, siting, and technology. You also need to consider environmental, financial, and reputational risks.
Our team of engineers, scientists, and planners take the time to understand your project business goals. We can develop a customized approach to match your risk tolerance and guide you through the increasingly complex regulatory process. Through our existing relationships with regulators and other stakeholders across Canada, we can help you concentrate your application on what is important. Our focused approach combined with years of execution experience will provide you with regulatory certainty, enabling your capital project.
Key environmental permitting and approval services include:
- Regulatory strategy planning and execution plan development
- Municipal, provincial, and federal environmental assessments
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) pipeline and facility applications, renewals, and amendments
- Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) power generation plant and transmission infrastructure environmental evaluations and applications
- BC Oil and Gas Commission (the Commission) permit applications
- Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) project descriptions and environmental assessments
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) project descriptions and environmental assessments
- National Energy Board (NEB) facility and pipeline licence applications
- Natural Resources Conservation Board (NRCB) approval applications
- Ontario Energy Board (OEB) utility and power licence applications
- Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment (Saskatchewan ENV) technical proposals